San Benito County

Health & Human Services Agency

Hollister, California


Immunizations are a critical piece of everyone’s healthcare picture. Vaccines have greatly reduced diseases that once routinely harmed or killed people. It is important that you stay up to date on recommended vaccines
We strongly encourage everyone to discuss their immunization needs with their healthcare provider.
Public Health Services offers a variety of immunization services at its 351 Tres Pinos Road, Suite A-202 location. Chief among these services is our pediatric immunization clinic/Vaccine For Children (VFC) program, which is held every Tuesday from 9:30 a.m. to 3:30 p.m., by appointment only. We offer all the standard childhood vaccines recommended by the Centers for Disease Control and
Prevention (CDC).
The VFC program is a federal entitlement program and applies only to children who are 18 years of age and younger and who meet the following requirements:
  • Are uninsured OR
  • Are on Medi-Cal or have Medi-Cal Anthem/Blue Cross insurance OR
  • Are American Indians or Alaska Natives

If your child meets these requirements, and you are unable to arrange for immunizations through your
child’s primary healthcare provider, you are welcome to make an immunization appointment by calling
our office at 831-637-5367.
Summer months can get very busy with school immunizations in our VFC program. We recommend
planning ahead and scheduling appointments early in summer.
When you come to your immunization appointment, please:
  • arrive 10 minutes before your scheduled appointment time to fill out paperwork.
  • bring your child’s most recent immunization record (California “Yellow Card,” out-of-state record, or foreign immunization record).
  • If you are not the child’s parent or guardian, you must also bring a note/form from the child’s parent or guardian giving you permission to obtain immunizations for the child.

Permission to obtain immunizations

Example of an acceptable note:

January 8, 2020

I, John Smith, the father of Ann Smith, give permission to Emily Jones to obtain immunizations for my daughter.

John Smith

In addition to our VFC program, we do offer a limited number of vaccines for adults who lack health
insurance, or whose health insurance doesn’t cover vaccines. Please call us to discuss your situation.
Public Health Services also offers special vaccination clinics for vaccines such as Flu and COVID.

For more information, please go to our website, check or call us.

Like many other local clinics and private healthcare providers, Public Health Services uses the
California Immunization Registry (CAIR) to keep track of immunizations. CAIR keeps record of
vaccinations and helps ensure the right vaccine is given when it is due at the right time. After
administering vaccines, we will give you an updated immunization card/printout for your personal
Public Health Services strives to fill vaccination needs to keep everyone protected and provides:
  • General information for parents on the CDC-recommended pediatric immunization schedule
  • Guidance for adults on the CDC-recommended adult immunization schedule
  • Advice for school administrators and health clerks on immunizations required for entry into childcare, Kindergarten, and seventh-grade
  • Assistance to daycare and elementary school staff for their annual fall immunization reports
  • Presentations to community groups on all aspects of immunization
  • Consultation with local healthcare providers on immunization questions
  • General information on travel-related immunizations. Please note however, we do not offer these immunizations at this time. For more information about travel vaccines, go to:  Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC)
Please feel free to call us at 831-637-5367 with any questions on immunizations—we are happy to help you!
Language Translation Disclaimer
Best viewed withGoogle Chrome and Firefox. Our Agency’s website links to Google Translation as a convenience for those who speak/read languages other than English.  Please be aware that no automated or computerized translation tool produces a perfect translation.  The context of the wording may be lost when translated and some translations may lose the intended meaning. Therefore, the San Benito County Health and Human Services Agency cannot guarantee the accuracy of the translated content. 
If any  questions arise concerning the translated version of the website, please refer to the original English version.
Skip to content