Environmental Health​

Environmental Health reflects the continued assessment, preservation, and improvement of environmental conditions and circumstances that affect the health and safety of our community.

The department of Environmental Health oversees the following:

  • Consumer Protection (Food Facilities)
  • Hazardous Materials (USTs, CalARP, CERS)
  • Land Use (Planning and Building Projects)
  • On-Site Waste Water Treatment Systems
  • Drinking Water (Small Water Systems)
  • Body Art (Tattoos, Permanent Cosmetics, Body Piercing)
  • Solid Waste
  • Recreational Water (Commercial Swimming Pools and Spas)
  • Vector Control


Additional Information

Animal Bites and Vectors

Rabies and disease prevention through investigation of animal bites or other conditions that could lead to disease transmission from animals to humans Telephone: 1-831-636-4320 @ Animal Control West end of South Street The County contracts with the City of Hollister to provide services to the unincorporated area of the County.


Prevention of foodborne illness through inspection of retail food facilities, including Temporary Food Facilities for compliance with safe food handling procedures.


Prevention of the transmission of diseases at facilities providing body piercings or tattoo services through registration of these facilities. Registration Form: To Engage in the Business of Tattooing, Body Piercing, or Permanent Cosmetics

and Spas

Prevention of disease transmission and accidents through permits for construction and operation and routine inspection of public swimming pools and spas. Plan Check – Swimming Pools/Spas – Special Purpose Pools/Other Swimming Pools/Spas – Annual Operating Permit Application

Hazardous Materials

Hazardous Materials Unit Programs

California Accidental Release Program (CalARP) Public health and environmental protection through regulation of facilities that store or handle extremely hazardous materials through enforcement of the California Accidental release Program regulations.

Certified Unified Program Agency (CUPA/CHMP)

The certified unified Program Agency(CUPA) consolidates the administration, billing, permitting, and inspection of hazardous material and hazardous waste programs including: underground and aboveground storage tanks, hazardous materials, CalARP programs, and hazardous waste generator and treatment programs.


Environmental Health

351 Tres Pinos Rd. C-1
Hollister, CA 95023
(831) 636-4035
Fax (831) 636-4037

Environmental Health

Darryl Wong
8 am - 5 pm


8 am - 5 pm
8:30 am - 5 pm

Language Translation Disclaimer
Best viewed withGoogle Chrome and Firefox. Our Agency’s website links to Google Translation as a convenience for those who speak/read languages other than English.  Please be aware that no automated or computerized translation tool produces a perfect translation.  The context of the wording may be lost when translated and some translations may lose the intended meaning. Therefore, the San Benito County Health and Human Services Agency cannot guarantee the accuracy of the translated content. 
If any  questions arise concerning the translated version of the website, please refer to the original English version.
Skip to content