Fresh Success is a program serving Gavilan Community College:
- Students receiving or eligible to receive CalFresh (SNAP) benefits,
- Students living in San Benito County and timed out of CalWORKs,
- Students that are low income,
- Students that are Former Foster Youth, and/or
- Students that meet one of the populations identified in the Gavilan College Equity Plan.
Services to eligible students may include:
- Textbook vouchers
- Up to $100/month in transportation assistance
- Up to $250 in PG&E assistance
- Academic counseling
- Parking Permits
- Rental assistance for up to one month’s rent
- Job readiness assistance
- Student support workshops
Minimum eligibility requirements include:
- Live in San Benito County
- Are receiving or are eligible to receive CalFresh benefits – Apply for CalFresh Benefits here
- Are enrolled or planning to enroll at Gavilan College in approved courses.
- Meet with Fresh Success staff for a full assessment to determine eligibility.
Download the fact sheet or watch an informational video below:
Fresh Success | Program Overview from Foundation Communications on Vimeo.